Here are the resources I use most when it comes to responsive design, html or plain css needs. In other words my bookmarks. Use them as you wish, and many thanks to them for their work. This page will evolve as I find new resources of course.
- Sept 3 2010 http://css3.bradshawenterprises.com/ This page has been the reference for me when it comes to CSS3 transitions, transforms and animations. Lots of examples, you can see it live in your browser and it has been up to date for the last 3 years at least.
- Oct 25 2012 https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/CSS/Media_queries The reference for media queries, but only for Firefox (and other Gecko based browsers) of course.
- Oct 27 2012 http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/ The reference for media queries, by the W3C, ultimate authority on the subject. A bit academic but otherwise insightful.
- Nov 7 2012 http://weblogs.java.net/blog/manningpubs/archive/2012/10/29/natural-user-interaction-drag-and-drop All about drag and drop with html 5.
- May 14 2013 http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/offline/storage/ All about the various ways to store data in a browser. Don't forget to check http://caniuse.com to make sure your targeted browsers support your storage means. Hint: localStorage works everywhere.
- Jul 28 2014 http://pieroxy.net/blog/pages/lz-string/index.html Once you've figured out the preferred way to store stuff in the browser, you can now go to the step 2: Compressing your data before storing it in. LZString allows a String to be compressed into another String, ideal for JSON-based storage in localStorage.
- Nov 05 2014 http://dev.sencha.com/ext/5.0.1/examples/index.html ExtJS, a nice lib to incorporate UI components of all types in your web pages.
General design tips
- Jul 21 2012 http://bradfrost.github.com/this-is-responsive/ The most common patterns used in responsive design, full of live examples on this page.
- Nov 8 2012 http://bradfrostweb.com/blog/web/responsive-nav-patterns A bit of the same but different. Also links to plenty of live websites where those patterns are in use.
- Nov 13 2013 http://www.jordanm.co.uk/post/66812678668/articles-that-changed-the-way-i-work Various tips and advices about web design. Great resource.
- Jul 28 2014 http://bradfrostweb.com/blog/post/the-principles-of-adaptive-design/ The Principles of Adaptive Design.
Various browser support
Tutorials, tips & tricks
- Nov 06 2012 http://studentwebhosting.com/tutorials/amazing-css3-box-shadow-examples/ A cool tutorial for CSS box shadow with an example of how to simulate a curled sheet of paper.
- Apr 04 2012 http://www.html5rocks.com/en/mobile/workingoffthegrid/ Learn how to make your website work even offline - a good introduction.
- May 21 2013 http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/offline/storage/ Want to store data in the browser? There are to this day 4 different APIs to do this. Learn which one works for you and how.
- May 21 2013 http://dev-test.nemikor.com/web-storage/support-test/ How much can you store in localStorage? Well, hop on to find out.